Prerequisite: Consumer Workshop 1
Class time: 4 hours
Cost: $45 (you will receive $25 in bitcoins to spend in the exercises or later at your liesure)
- Your personal phone, tablet, laptop running Windows, Mac iOS, Android, or Linux.
- Bank account login information, and/or account information.
- Uploadable image of your drivers license and recent utility bill.
This class will teach you how to use bitcoin in your daily life.
- LocalBitcoins.com to find traders who will help you buy or sell your bitcoin property.
- Use Coinbase.com to link your bank account. This is the cheapest, safest, and most reliable way to get in/out of bitcoin. It works just like Paypal.
- Signup with Shift Visa. Spending your bitcoins is as easy as swiping your credit card and enables you to spend them anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Use Purse.io to buy anything available on Amazon.com and save 10-50% doing it.
- Using and finding bitcoin ATMs.
- Identifying online bitcoin-accepting merchants
- (optional) Buy real bitcoins to be used in an online purchase during the workshop.
- Dealing with capital gains/losses, and other important tax implications